« View all projects
- Contractor/Engineer: Todd & Sargent, Inc., Ames, Iowa
- Architect: Van Sickle, Allen & Associates, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Client Data: Client Data: Ardent Mills, formerly named Horizon Milling Company is a leader in the semolina/flour industry. They continue their growth in the bakery flour business with the addition of hard wheat milling capabilities of this new facility in Mt. Pocono, Pennsylvania.
- Summary of Project:
- The facility will have the capacity to produce 18,000 CWT of semolina/flour.
- The flour milling structure is 62'-0" wide by 220' long and 7 stories high. The plant design incorporates two slipform bin towers; one for wheat durum tempering and one for flour. The two slipformed towers are located at each end of the mill structure. The process tower is centered in between the two slipformed towers and features a 7 story process tower, using concrete post and beam construction with insulated pre-cast panels.
- The complex features a 850,000 bushel capacity slipformed wheat storage facility.
- Other features include a two-story office and a 25,200 square foot warehouse/packaging area.
- Sangati-America of Kansas City, Kansas has been selected to supply and install the milling equipment.
Client Name: Ardent Mills (Formerly Horizon Milling Company)
Location: Mt. Pocono, PA