As a leader in the flour milling industry, Ardent Mills, formerly Horizon Milling, was formed as a joint venture uniting the milling expertise of Cargill, Inc., and CHS. They invested in its Saginaw flour milling facility, the largest flour mill in Texas, to enhance its milling efficiencies and capabilities. This project expanded flour storage space by 8,000 cwts, increased temper storage by 10,000 bushels, and added an additional storage bin for wheat midds.
- Two Hard Wheat Milling Units
- Slipformed Processing Building
- Houses new milling equipment, which includes the latest in technology, automation and process controls
- Demolition & Relocation of Existing Structures
- Cleaning House Equipment Upgrades
According to Dan Dye, Horizon Milling president, the project underscores Horizon Milling’s commitment to building a long-term future in Saginaw. “This will be the largest facility project in Horizon Milling history to date,” said Dye. “This facility upgrade and modernization will enable us to improve our efficiencies and capabilities as we serve a growing market in the U.S. southwest.”