1. Contractor/Engineer: Todd & Sargent, Inc., Ames, Iowa
2. Client Data: GrainsConnect Canada is a joint venture between GrainCorp (Sydney, Australia) and Zen-Noh Grain Corp. (Covington, LA).
3. Summary of Project:
A. Slipformed Concrete Elevator & Annex
• 1,300,000 bushels of storage in 22 bins with 9 on 12 slickcoat hoppers.
• Four aerated wet bins and considerations for future Dryer System.
• Overhead concrete bins for overs, fines, and off-spec fractions from cleaning.
B. Truck Receiving & Top Distribution Systems - 625 MTPH
• Receiving rated at 625 MTPH (23,000 BPH) with 10’ x 110’ aspirated “dump-thru” truck scale incorporating a 6’ x 54’ dump grate.
• Elevator distribution system for storage and cleaning includes the Receiving Leg, the Flex Leg, a double distributor, and two top-fill drags.
• Truck loadout and “Weigh-Over” spout rated at 625 MTPH.
C. Rail Shipping System - 2,000 MTPH
• Reclaim Belt conveyor rated at 2,000 MTPH (73,500 BPH) fed by proportioning gates under the elevator and annex.
• A dedicated 1,375 MTPH Shipping Leg, a 2000 MTPH Bulk Weigher with 65 tonne upper surge capacity, and a rotary crosscut sampler.
• Railcar Reclaim System rated at 10,000 BPH.
D. Auxiliary Systems
• 240 MTPH Cleaning System, complete with aspirators, cylinders, and threshing components.
• Facility and Cleaner Dust Systems with 4,000 CF dust loadout bin.
• Erect pre-engineered metal buildings for Truck Receiving/Control Room, Cleaning Enclosure, and Rail Loadout Booth.
• 650# capacity manlift with stops at grade and bin deck.
• Railcar access and fall protection system.