Iowa Renewable Energy uses vegetable oils (primarily soybean oil) and animal fats to manufacture biodiesel. The alternative energy manufacturing company produces domestic and renewable energy on the Canadian Pacific Railroad at its site in Washington, Iowa. The facility is located along the Iowa Chicago & Eastern Railroad (IC&E). It uses both highways and rail service for inputs and outputs. It will utilize both soybean oil and animal fat as its feedstock. The plant will produce 30 million gallons of biodiesel per year. Features:
- 30 million gallon per year Biodiesel Facility.
- Storage Bins
- 2 - 500,000 gallon crude oil tanks
- 3 - 500,000 gallon biodiesel tanks
- 2 - Glycerine tanks
- 2 - Refined oil tanks
- 1 - Soapstock tank
- 1 - Fatty acid tank
- Capacity is based on running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 330 days a year.
- Support Systems
- Complete plant automation, electrical and mechanical installation.
- Precast concrete control and utility core.
- Pre-engineered metal support and receiving buildings.