New Rail Loadout Storage Tower
1. Contractor/Engineer: Todd & Sargent, Inc., Ames, Iowa
2. Client Data: NEMCO is a major producer of durum flour to the New England market. They are a subsidiary company of Italgrani Grain of St. Louis, Missouri.
3. Summary of Project Features
• Our project consists of slipforming sixteen new bulk loadout bins.
• Eight semolina bins at 75 tons/bin.
• Eight wheat midds bins at 95 tons/bin.
• Total storage is 1,360 tons.
• Installing concrete hoppers and constructing all related floors, platforms, and structural items over the existing railroad tracks.
• Square slipformed bins were chosen over conventional round diameter steel bins because a greater number of bins were able to be constructed in a very compact area.
• For installation purposes, the exterior walls of the loadout structure are of slipformed hollow core construction with the center core filled with 7” of insulation.