Western Iowa Energy is a BQ9000 Accredited Producer and is capable of producing 30 million gallons annually. Western Iowa Energy has the flexibility to turn multiple feedstocks into Biodiesel due to our specialized pre-treatment facility. Biodiesel is a clean burning fuel that is nearly carbon-neutral meaning it contributes almost zero emissions towards global warming as well as fairly dramatically reducing other emissions. The biodiesel process will manufacture diesel fuel from natural oils, such as soy oil, as well as animal fat, which makes it unique from other biodiesel manufacturing facilities. This facility will be able to receive and ship raw oil and finished biodiesel by truck or rail, allowing access to markets throughout North America. Features:
- 30 million gallon per year Soy Biodiesel Facility.
- Storage Bins
- Two - 500,000 gallon crude oil tanks
- Three - 500,000 gallon biodiesel tanks
- Two - Glycerine tanks
- Two - Refined oil tanks
- One - Soapstock tank
- Two - Fatty acid tanks
- Capacity is based on running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 330 days a year.
- Support Systems
- Complete plant automation, electrical, and mechanical installation.
- Precast concrete control and utility core.
- Pre-engineered metal support and receiving buildings.